- Plenary Sessions at ISPPD-12 aim to take a cross-disciplinary approach to major areas in the field wherever possible.
- Renowned experts in the area of pneumococci and pneumococcal diseases will cover a variety of important topics.
- Each presentation is followed by 5 to 10 minutes of Q&A, which is included in each speaker’s presentation duration. The audience is encouraged to send questions to the speakers from the beginning of their presentations via the ISPPD-12 Virtual Platform or Mobile App.
- Addressing the Burden of Pneumococcal Diseases
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Emerging Vaccination Strategies
- Diagnosis and Management
- Application of Genomics to S. Pneumoniae
- Pneumococcal Disease and Prevention in Adults
- Robert Austrian Lecture and Awards
- Pneumonia and Pneumococcal Disease in the time of COVID-19
- Pneumococcal Disease in High-Risk Populations
- Current State of Vaccines and Vaccine Trials